[cisco-voip] Gatekeeper H.225 Trunk

steve.siltman at assurant.com steve.siltman at assurant.com
Tue Apr 28 17:14:28 EDT 2009

You've all been very helpful in the past and I'm thinking this should be
another fun one to answer.

Three clusters consisting of 8, 8 and 6 servers.  They all use the same
pair of gatekeepers.  I created a gatekeeper device pool with a CMG
containing 3 servers from each cluster.  I assigned this device pool to
the gatekeeper trunk that I built to each of the gatekeepers.  This was
fun and exciting as I saw each of the 3 servers in the CMG register to
each of the gatekeepers.  Now I have 9 registered endpoints on each of the
gatekeepers.

My problem is that the calls work around 33% of the time when routing
between clusters.  I took a few traces and found that only when a request
hits the publisher server does it succeed in connecting.  When it hits the
other 2 registered endpoints, the call fails(reorder tone).

My questions are:

Should I rethink my design and register 1 server to the gatekeepers from
each cluster?
What am I missing that would make the calls fail when hitting the
subsequent nodes registered endpoints?

My guess is that I'm not going to like the answer because its right in
front of my nose. :)

Thanks,

Steve Siltman
Assurant Corporate Technology
Network Engineer - Cisco CCVP
Work: 651-361-4752
Cell: 651-336-5563
steve.siltman at assurant.com
This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.

Thank you.