[cisco-voip] Background Image on 6.1?

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Thu Apr 30 16:10:51 EDT 2009

Hi JonM,

It's the same on 6.1 as 4.3 insofar as you need to add pictures and
modify an .xml file, but the procedure for doing so is different.

Log into OS Admin and go to Software Upgrades > TFTP File Management.
Search for list.xml.  If you need to edit an existing list.xml, you'll
have to get it using tftp.  You can use a windows command prompt and
enter something like this:

Tftp -i [publisher ip address] GET [path to list.xml] [local path for
file destination]

For example:  tftp -i 10.10.10.20 GET Desktops/320x212x12/list.xml
c:\temp\listnew.xml

Once you get a hold of a list.xml or if you can create one from scratch,
then you can easily upload pics and list.xml files using TFTP File
Management--as delete and upload file are built into TFTP File
Management.  Odd it may sound, but you cannot not download a file via
TFTP File Management though you can upload on-or delete one.  I keep my
list.xml files locally, edit them, delete the existing one and upload my
newly edited one.  I should never have to download one again.

Don't forget to restart your tftp service after uploading new pics and
files.

Probably you know, but different phone models have different specs for
the pictures and different locations for the list.xml files.  I have 3
separate list.xml files and 3 differently sized pics in 3 locations to
cover our phone models.

Usually the admin guide for the specific phone models will give you the
specs for picture size and for where locate/create the list.xml file(s).

Hope that helps,

jeff