[cisco-voip] Background Image on 6.1?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Thu Apr 30 15:06:42 EDT 2009

Hey, I'm having trouble finding a well documented procedure for changing
the background options on phones in 6.1.  I used to do this in 4.3 by
adding the graphic to the tftp folder and modifying an xml file to
include it in the list.

These are the best I can find...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/6_1/eng
lish/administration/guide/7965cst.html#wp1088046

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/ipt
pch7.html

It looks like the same procedure, add the graphic to the tftp folder and
modify the list.xml file to add it to the list.  They don't however tell
me some important things...like where is list.xml?  My upgrade from 4.3
took my background images over to the tftp server, did it not take the
list.xml file?  And how do I edit list.xml if all I can do is upload
files to the tftp folder from the web interface?

Come to think of it, I can't even find my background image on the tftp
folder...there are no png files listed when I search, but the phones
still give me two options for background images....go figure...

If someone can point me in the right direction I would greatly
appreciate it.

JonM