[cisco-voip] Unity 7 HW upgrade

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Mon Aug 3 16:55:05 EDT 2009

You can use COBRAS, but you'll need to remove the users from the 4.0
first before COBRAS will let you restore them on the other server -
read all the caveats in the help file on ciscounitytools.com
carefully.If you're putting them in the same AD, Global Subscriber
Manager is also an option to migrate the users from the old to the new
server. Docs on that are also on ciscounitytools.com. Last option is
DiRT, it gets everything, but you've got to match versions. The
process for using DiRT to replace a server (or cluster) is in the
'Reconfiguration and Upgrade Guide'

They've each got their pros and cons. COBRAS is probably the most
direct, but it will require manually migrating some info. GSM works
well for moving groups of users but wasn't really designed to flash
cut a large number of users in one shot. DiRT will probably take the
longest, but it gets everything.