[cisco-voip] 6500 supervisor caused internal call failure

Teixeira, Mike mwteixeira at bendbroadband.net
Tue Aug 4 18:46:33 EDT 2009

Hello all,

We installed a RMA supervisor in our 6500 this afternoon. When we did that the 6500 stalled switching. Thus caused our IVR to failover because heartbeats and sockets failed. Calls to our Unity voicemail boxes also failed.

Is it normal for switching to fail like that with and cause Unity to fail?

Thanks,
Mike

Aug  4 12:31:42: %OIR-SP-6-REMCARD: Card removed from slot 6, interfaces disabled
Aug  4 12:33:02: %C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-SWBUSSTALL: The switching bus is experiencing stall for 3 seconds
Aug  4 12:33:04: %C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-SWBUSSTALL_RECOVERED: The switching bus stall is recovered and data traffic switching continues