[cisco-voip] Update phones via Custom File CM5

Karen Cheng kcheng at thiess.com.au
Wed Aug 5 01:12:57 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

Anyone ever used the BAT update phone via custom file option in UCM5?? I've tried creating a text file, a CSV file and using the bat.xlt and inlcuing MAC-address, device name, description and directory number but when it goes to search for the device it always come back empty even though the phone exists.

It's not a big deal I was just wondering if someone had run into the problem before and knew if i was doing it the wrong way or if there was an easy fix/explanation.

Thanks Heaps in advance...

Karen Cheng

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential and privileged.  If received in error, please contact Thiess and delete all copies.  You may not rely on advice and documents received by email unless confirmed by a signed Thiess letter.  This restriction on reliance will not apply to the extent that the above email communication is between parties to a contract and is authorised under that contract.  Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Thiess' liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.