[cisco-voip] IPCCX Script - Dead Air?

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Thu Aug 6 12:47:54 EDT 2009

Dane,
Here is a blow-by-blow description of one of our queue loops.  Perhaps it will give you some ideas.

We have several queues so the first step selects the resource based on the name of that queue that was previously passed to the variable.

The call then enters the queue loop.

We check the position of the caller in queue and if they're the first caller in queue, we have a spare phone set up that plays that annoying "Are You There Ring" once every time the loop executes so the agents know there is a call sitting in queue.  Amazing how quickly they try to get that thing to stop.

The call is placed on hold.  That way the caller gets to hear the cheesy hold music.

The delay timer counts down.

The time on hold counter increments.  If they're on hold for more than six (6) intervals, we send them directly to the voicemail extension for that particular queue.

If the time on hold counter is not yet greater than six (6), we take the call off hold.

We then give them the option of staying on the line for the next available agent or opting to go to voicemail for that queue and leave a message for a callback.

If they opt to stay on the line, it just loops back to the top and starts the process over.

Hope some of this helps.
--
Jim Reed
Swift Communications, Inc.