[cisco-voip] Adhoc conference calls drop without MTP

Mooney, Nicholas Nicholas.Mooney at astrazeneca.com
Thu Aug 6 18:26:13 EDT 2009

Hi

I have an AudioCodes GSM (SIP) gateway connected to a 2821 H.323 gateway
via SIP which is then connected to CUCUM via h.323

Regular outbound calls work fine. CUCM sends all 0.@ calls to the H.323
gateway and then the gateway matches mobile phones call to a SIP
dial-peer and sends the call to the AudioCodes GSM gateway.

The only problem is when a call via the GSM gateway gets added to an
adhoc conference, it gets dropped/disconnected all together after about
10 seconds. If I configure the H.323 gateway to require an MTP then the
calls don't get dropped, however any CUVA (Video Advantage) user who
makes a PSTN call gets a message on their phone saying "Video Bandwidth
Unavailable". The CUVA doco says this is because an MTP is being used
and MTP's don't support video.

The only MTP's in my network are the default ones configured in CUCUM.

Any ideas on how I can get the calls via the GSM gateway not to drop
when added to an adhoc conference without enabling an MTP on the gateway
in CUCM?

Or is there a way to have PSTN calls for CUVA users not show the "Video
Bandwidth Unavailable" message when it's clearly an audio-only call when
an MTP is enabled for the gateway?

Thanks,

Nick.