[cisco-voip] Call Handler Not Recognizing Inputs

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Aug 7 09:24:11 EDT 2009

We ran into this problem and have not completely found the solution. It comes and goes in cycles. We believe it has to do with voip deployments in the PSTN that are not transmitting DTMFs properly. We talked with one of our providers and they even told us of a patch that a few carriers have had to apply that deals with in-band DTMF.

Depending on your gateways, Cisco can help troubleshoot with debug and see if the DTMFs are making it to your gateway from the carrier. We had 6608s so we had no option.

In our case, however, we had reproducable results. It usually had to do with the person who had a different LD carrier on their line, or using the 10-10 LD bypass carriers.

Not sure if that helps, but I wanted to provide our experience.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt