[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1 - Downgrade Firmware for 7921

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 07:27:05 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to downgrade phone firmware on CUCM 6.1(4)?

The load I want to downgrade to is 1.1(1) - it is not on the CUCM already,
so I have to copy it on.

Am I able to just upload the file via the TFTP management in OS admin? Or do
I have to run it through the software upgrade?

If I run the install, will it leave my newer version of firmware in tact so
I can set the default to the newest load, and manually change 1 phone to the
old load to test it?

Actual problem I am having is wireless drop outs, it seems like a voice gap
while roaming. There is a bit of info around on netpro regarding this.
Reason I want to downgrade is that this wasnt happening when the site was
CME and running load 1.1(1).
It has now been converted to CCM and is running 1.2 and has this voice gap
issue.

Cheers,

Tim