[cisco-voip] CM 4.2 clustering across a wan

Go0se me at go0se.com
Wed Aug 12 13:54:34 EDT 2009

We have a scenario with Callmanager 4.2 - PUB & SUB separated by MPLS -
plenty of bandwidth but QoS/CoS is our issue. I have a copy of the "Cisco
Unified Callmanager 4.2 TCP and UDP Port Usage" guide, but unfortunately due
to considerations outside of our control we cannot prioritize by IP nor can
we prioritize all of the CM to CM ports listed in the above guide.

In the following SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42models.html#wp1
045871

under the "WAN Considerations" section (that I linked to in the above link)
it discusses ICCS (Intra-Cluster Communication Signaling) between servers.
It links to a subsection of "Intra-Cluster Communications" that vaguely
lists what communications are involved in ICCS but doesn't discuss actual
ports.

So basically my issue is this: I'm looking for is a "meat and potatoes" list
of the absolute necessary ports to prioritize that must meet the 20 ms delay
(40 ms RTT) between intra-cluster callmanager boxes to keep them happy.

As always, if anyone can offer guidance/assistance, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Go0se

http://atc.go0se.com