[cisco-voip] Testing phone firmware updates prior to rollout.

Robben, John JRobben at naic.org
Wed Aug 12 14:46:16 EDT 2009

Can anyone share a method for testing phone firmware on a limited set of
phones?

I've installed a TAC recommended firmware update in CUCM 7.0 per the
readme, but now TAC tells me that once I restart the TFTP service, all
phones in the organization will begin downloading the updated firmware.

Thanks in advance.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachments are from the NAIC and are intended
only for the addressee. Information contained herein is
confidential, and may be privileged or exempt from disclosure
pursuant to applicable federal or state law.  This message is not
intended as a waiver of the confidential, privileged or exempted
status of the information transmitted.  Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution or use of such information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the
sender of the delivery error by e-mail or by calling the NAIC Help
Desk at (816)783-8500.