[cisco-voip] No Ring back when blind transferring calls

dev sgsdev at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:27:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

We have CUCM 4.2.3 and everything was working fine regarding blind
transfers. An issue now surfaced when a user tries to do a blind transfer.
When the the transferred party is put on hold and the transferring party
pushes the transfer key, the default ring back tone is not heard on the
other end, only silence. When the called party pick up, the call behaves
normally and they can both talk.
Now I know the ring back tone is sent by the CallManager and we didn't
change anything, so what can be the cause of this issue?

Thanks