[cisco-voip] DNS client on CUCM, Unity servers?

ciscozest ciscozest at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:54:37 EDT 2009

We have 3 CUCM 7.0 servers and only one Unity Connection 7.0 server.

We use a load balancer for IP Phone services redundancy. There is no
integration with any third party components. When I check our UC system, I
found out that DNS client service is enabled on both CUCM and Unity servers
which I don’t quite understand why is needed. The Services URL on CUCM is
pointing to load balancer IP. Would there be any other reason we have to
enable DNS client on CUCM and Unity server? Also is there a load impact by
enabling DNS client service?

Thank you.