[cisco-voip] DNS client on CUCM, Unity servers?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Aug 18 10:46:17 EDT 2009

On the surface this seems an odd question so I'm sure there is
misunderstanding.

CM needs access to DNS to perform forward and reverse lookups on:
SIP endpoints
h323 endpoints
AD servers
other nodes in the cluster

There are deployments which do not use any of these and therefore do not
need access to a DNS server.  On those, DNS can be disabled.

/Wes