[cisco-voip] 911 Calling Help

Jacquie Manick Jacquie.Manick at polarisind.com
Fri Aug 21 15:42:06 EDT 2009

We currently have two route patterns to route 911 calls.  9.911 & 911
(in case people forget to dial the 9).  We are experiencing too many
users dialing 911 when trying to dial LD and routing out the 911
pattern,  then get calls from emergency services to our main #/security
personnel to verify if emergency at our location or not.

*	I am wondering how I could route all the 911 (usually mistake)
calls to my 24 x 7 on-site security personnel extension rather than
off-site?  I would still leave the 9.911 routing as is to
off-site/gateway.

*	The second issue I have is that when I do try to track the 911
misdial calls in CDR to see who the offenders are, they are no where to
be found?

Avaya had a feature that would notify a designated extension when calls
would be placed to an "alert" flagged route pattern, if that could be
duplicated it would be helpful

Any suggestions or workarounds would be appreciated.

CONFIDENTIAL:
The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.