[cisco-voip] Which Voice-Interface for 2851 for BRI in New York?

Phil G pgciscovoip at gmx.net
Thu Aug 27 03:23:48 EDT 2009

Hello!

We have a CME-Installation in New York City and our provider told us
that the PSTN-access is made via BRI (2 wire). Our CME is a 2851; which
voice-interface will work with a BRI in NY? I am located in Europe, so i
am not familiar with the different PSTN-accesses in USA. We just had a
similar case some years ago in Los Angeles, where Verizon provided also
a BRI with 2 wires (means U-Interface), and it turned out that there are
no voice interfaces for the 2800-series.

In Europe it is easy, there is only the VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE needed, which
works in almost all scenarios.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards Philipp