[cisco-voip] CF off net low audio issue

Countryman, Edward Edward.Countryman at provena.org
Thu Aug 27 09:50:00 EDT 2009

I have several smaller physician offices that will forward their main #
to an offsite answering service for after hours coverage.  The sites are
all trunked with POTS lines connected to FXO ports on 28xx series ISRs.
So the incoming call on FXO port 1 effectively is sent back out on FXO
port 2 etc.

The problem I have is that the audio level the caller hears is greatly
attenuated; almost beyond discernment.  However if I call the far end
directly the call is very clear so it appears my router is the problem.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?