[cisco-voip] One Way Audio Issue with Phones Using ASA5520

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Aug 27 11:40:53 EDT 2009

if the ASA is doing NAT or PAT you need SCCP inspection enabled,
otherwise disable it.  ASA must be upgraded to a version of that
supports the SCCP version associated to your CM server.  ASA must be
located at a point in the network where it can see all signaling traffic
relvant to the call in order to open appropriate ports.

Generally for a call that goes:
pstn---voice gateway-----cm----phone
the media path will be:
voice gateway------phone

This changes in case of conference, MTP, transcoders, music on hold, and
any other supplementary service.

/Wes