[cisco-voip] HP switches for VoIP (specifically QoS and multicast routing)

Dana Tong (AU) Dana.Tong at didata.com.au
Sun Aug 30 19:27:52 EDT 2009

Thanks Mike.

I have found the following links which discusses the configuration of HP switches with Cisco IP phones and LLDP-MED so I might be ok.
I will have to see how it all goes when we get access to the customer's hardware.

Interoperability between Cisco Unified IP 7900 Series phones and ProCurve switches
http://h40060.www4.hp.com/procurve/uk/en/pdfs/application-notes/AN-C3_ProCurve-Cisco-IP-phone-7900-final-101308.pdf

How to use LLDP-MED with IP phones and ProCurve switches
http://h40060.www4.hp.com/procurve/uk/en/pdfs/application-notes/AN-C8_ProCurve-LLDP-IP-phones-final-081208.pdf

LLDP-MED and Cisco Discovery Protocol
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk652/tk701/technologies_white_paper0900aecd804cd46d.html

HP 2610-48PWR Management and Configuration Guide
http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/2610-MgmtCfg-Nov2008-59918640.pdf

Cheers all