[cisco-voip] HP switches for VoIP (specifically QoS and multicast routing)

Voice Noob voicenoob at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:27:54 EDT 2009

I can confirm that the LLDP-MED does work for putting the phone in the
correct Voice Vlan. The problem is that the Firmware that ships with the
phones does not support LLDP-MED so you have to put the TFTP option in the
data DHCP scope to allow the phones to connect to Call Manager the first
time and download the latest firmware. Then when they restart they will be
in the correct VLAN.

I have an HP switch under my desk and plan on testing the QOS settings this
week. If interested I can post the results back to everyone.