[cisco-voip] MOH from Router Flash between internal callers

steve.siltman at assurant.com steve.siltman at assurant.com
Tue Dec 8 16:22:31 EST 2009

Has anyone been able to get this too work?  I turned on Multicast within
the internal network at this remote site and I'm unable to get the phones
to hear the MOH between two internal Cisco IP Phones.  Years ago, I read
that this wasn't possible but was hoping this was resolved in later
versions.  We are running v7 Call Manager with 12.4.24 router code.  MOH
works fine to external customers.  It seems fairly straight forward as the
one Cisco IP phone issues the Hold and sends the multicast ip address to
the other phone.  I'm not sure why the other phone doesn't pick up on the
stream.  Grr

If this isn't supported then I'll have to allow MOH across the WAN and
forget about using the routers flash outside of SRST.

I've got a ticket open with Cisco and they verified the configuration and
have asked for trace files.  Either this TAC person doesn't know it isn't
supported or something has changed since my Cisco Voice Gateways book was
printed in 2006.

Thanks,

-Steve

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.