[cisco-voip] Unity upgrade with Exchange 2003

Cool Boy collboy80 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 00:03:39 EST 2009

Hi All,

I have a box of Win2003 with Active Directory and Unity version 4.0(4). Exchange 2003 is running on 2 servers in a Microsoft cluster mode. I took a new box, install windows 2003. Installed the unity version 4 and then upgraded to 5 and then 7. I have stopped the unity services on the old box. After upgrading, I have successfully tested the unity functionality on new box.

After 1 hour or 2 hour, I came know that MS Exchange 2003 cluster has been broken. I shut down the new box and started the services on old box, everything is fine. I revert back to new system; problem came back on Exchange servers.

Any idea, why Exchange server going  down???