[cisco-voip] Maximum POTS lines on a 2921 router

Mike King me at mpking.com
Tue Dec 29 17:15:50 EST 2009

So this just got tossed in my lap, and I'm still digging for information.

We have a site that basically had they're legacy phone system die (It's not
totally dead, but it ain't happy).  The plan is to do an SRST with a new
2921 router and add them to our main site.

The problem is coming down to the interface to the PSTN.  We
were originally told that the site has a T1.  Further investigation
has revealed the site infact has analog lines, it's unknown if they are
Groundstart/loopstart/POTS, etc.

Question:

Is it possible to get 23 analog lines into a single 2921 router?  If so,
what combination of cards/*WICS would make this happen.
We're looking to get the site converted to a T1, but we're not sure what the
time line on that happening is.

Mike