[cisco-voip] Help with a Number Transformation

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:05:25 EST 2009

Levi,

Do calls from the GW ring IP Phones? Does that call then FWD to VM?

If the GW rings the phones, and the phones have 4 digit extensions, then the
number of digits isn't the problem. We can assume the GW sends the correct
number of digits if your calls from the PSTN to the phones are working.

What you're most likely seeing is a codec mismatch or a SIP problem.

Check your region and location configuration.

You can also try checking "MTP Required" on the SIP Trunk if it isn't
checked already.

If it IS checked you can see if you have any MTPs available in your config,
and that the MRGL assigned to the SIP Trunk, or the SIP Trunk Device Pool
points to those MTPs.

To really get an idea of why the call fails you would need to take a look at
a packet capture to Exchange to see the SIP messages, or read through the
CallManager traces.