[cisco-voip] Cisco Call Manager Express more SIP accounts

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Mon Feb 2 15:58:25 EST 2009

I should clarify that what you need is called a "SIP Connect" trunk.
http://www.sipforum.org

The idea is that your pilot number is the primary number for the sip trunk
group on the provider's platform.  It registers with your provider's
registrar server.  All the remaining number are loaded into the trunk group
but do not require separate registration because they use the sip-ua
credentials for validation.  Technically, in CME, you can tell each DN to
register, but the username/password on the providers side must be the same
for each number because CME is going to send the sip-ua credentials.  I do
not recommend this approach.