[cisco-voip] SIP and MGCP routing on the same gateway

matthew.richards at nominet.org.uk matthew.richards at nominet.org.uk
Tue Feb 10 09:21:46 EST 2009

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to get SIP and MGCP to co-exist, on the
same gateway ideally without forcing fixed numbers of channels to be
allocated to one or other protocol.

It appears that the configuration dedicates the whole ISDN interface to
MGCP, and prevents any channels from being used for SIP.

One way of doing this is to convert our entire system to SIP (which will
happen but not for a while), and I would like to do this without this
conversion.

Can anyone help?

Matt Richards