[cisco-voip] Switch replacement causes one-way audio?

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:24:34 EST 2009

As a side note...

Never hard code to 100 / full unless you can set both sides.. i.e. switch
port and the phone.

If you set 1 end to 100 full and the other end to auto, you will have a
duplex mismatch.. probably the most common networking issue. The auto side
will usually assume it is half duplex, and you will have collisions and
errors and throughput problems.

Better policy to leave these user / phone ports as auto on both end.

Cheers,

Tim.