[cisco-voip] Switch replacement causes one-way audio?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:41:29 EST 2009

I would check and see if any new ACL's were put onto the switches as part of
the upgrade. If so, make sure they are not blocking your outbound RTP
traffic from the phones.

We use 3750 stacks almost exclusively.. one way audio  is almost always a
firewall or ACL mucking with RTP.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Biffle, Gerrad <
Gerrad.Biffle at greensboro-nc.gov> wrote:

>  This past weekend our network team replaced some aging 4006s with 3750
> stacks.  Since then we've had users complaining that callers on the far
> end cannot hear them.  Our first thought was to hard code the switch-port
> to 100/full (we're using 7960Gs) – and that didn't seem to help.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on what we could check before opening a TAC
> case tomorrow?
>
> Thanks.

Ed Leatherman
Assistant Director, Voice Services
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations