[cisco-voip] DID

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Feb 16 13:54:52 EST 2009

There are a number of ways to set up DIDs using CallManager. Here are two, one of which we use, the other which I tested and confirmed works properly and is available to our clients if needed. Bottom line is, as long as you use the features available to send a call to the right target, it should work.

    1. Using translations

        • setup a partition for your 7,10,x digit translations. only your gateways should be able to access this partition through the appropriate CSS
        • setup a translation for each of your DIDs that point to the apporpriate target DN. the translations should have a CSS that can access your office DNs
        • you can use wildcards and masks where appropriate
        • this works with MGCP controlled gateways, not quite sure about H323
    2.
Using CTI route points

        • similar as above, but setup a CTI route point for the DID
        • forward it to the target DN
        • this allows the target DN to know which DID they are answering
        • great for call centres that are answering for multiple companies and or services

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt