[cisco-voip] International Calls Not Working for Remote Site

Johnny randvines at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:12:49 EST 2009

Hi Steven,

Is the gateway H.323 or MGCP?

Check using "show voice call summary" on the gateway what codec is being
used. The gateway should be able to support G.729 calls although will
consume more DSP resource.

As another fix/work around you could create a new DP/Reg/Loc for the gateway
and specify that the codec between both the HQ site and the remote is G.711.

Kind Regards,

Johnny