[cisco-voip] Upgrading 7942 phone to cmterm-7942_7962-sccp.8-4-3.cop.sgn gives "error" on phone with trace showing "file not found"

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Feb 20 14:20:54 EST 2009

The .exe phone load installer on Windows CCM would automatically
restart TFTP for you.  In the linux appliance you have to bounce TFTP
by hand after installing the loads.

-Ryan

On Feb 20, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Jason Aarons (US) wrote:

Restart TFTP Service caused the phone to get its new load. I’m
thought Windows loads told you to restart/reboot when done…..I
thought successfully mean nothing else had to be done.

Guess I thought Linux or CallManager would handle that…..I’d then
reset device pool after hours -jason