[cisco-voip] dial peer vs Translation-profile

Scott Kee SKee at cmsstl.com
Mon Feb 23 13:09:03 EST 2009

Question for VoIP exporters.
What is the best way to configure dial-peers on H323 gateway?
It seems there are 2 ways to configure dial-peer:
1.  use dial-peer and use destination-pattern.  This way I have to create dial-peers for each port and destination-pattern.
2.  Translation-Profile: This way put all the dial-peers in the translation-profile and create minimal dial-peer.

It seems using translation-profile is the way to do it.  Am I right?

Thanks,