[cisco-voip] incoming called-number

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:20:57 EST 2009

I always reference this doc when I'm confused about dial-peers (which is
often, because they're not intuitive for me)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic1

When the CallManager sends and H.323 call to that IOS GW, an inbound IOS
dial-peer will need to be matched. This will determine what properties
(codec / dtmf / etc)  get applied to the H.323 leg between the GW and the
CCM.

You can use 'debug voice ccapi inout' to find out which dial-peers are being
matched for the call.

Based on the rules in the above doc, we'll match the inbound dial-peer in
the order of the commands listed in the doc.

You might find that without the "incoming called-numer ."  or the other
matching commands, you'll match the default dial-peer and not get your
voice-class codec applied, but instead get the incorrect settings of the
default dial-peer for the call.

Hopefully the doc and this explanation will help.