[cisco-voip] Can CallManager 7.0(1) install read data from DMA Release 7.0(2)?

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Tue Feb 24 22:07:39 EST 2009

The slipstream install or “Would you like to install upgrade patch as part of this installation” seemed to takes less than 10 minutes to read the file from DVD.  Where-as I did another test upgrading 7.0(1) to 7.0(2) took 1 hour 24 minutes via CMPlatform upgrade web page.  Considerable difference.

Under 7.0(1) your phones would get firmware  79x1 8.4.1ES2, then with 7.0(2) would get 8.4.3S.  The 79x0 would have load 8.0(9.0) on 7.0(1) and 8.0(100.) on 7.0(2).   We have 3000 phones and we are deploying 8.4.3S well in advance of the upgrade and don’t want to risk any downgrading, etc.