[cisco-voip] Help with 7920 phones

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 23:06:34 EST 2009

I've only done this on Windows XP...

There are 2 installs you need, the 7920 drivers then the configuration
utility.  Once these both are installed on the PC, you need to put the
7920 in the 7920 docking cradle (charger) and enable USB on the phone
itself  (USB is disabled after power cycle). You need to power the
docking cradle with the AC Wall Plug (the cradle is not USB powered).
You can also power the phone with the AC wall plug and use the special
7920 Phone/PC USB Cable if you have that (I haven't seen one other
then it mentioned in a cisco doc and hunted on google/Ebay/etc at one
time trying to find one).

With the phone on, USB enabled on the phone, and it in docking cradle
with good connection to the PC with drivers, etc working properly the
7920 phone should show up under network connections and you configure
that interface with any valid IP address then launch the 7920 config
tool and you should be good with the 7920 config tool.

HTH, Erick