[cisco-voip] How to use G711 when call placed via CM H323 gateway

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Jan 7 09:59:01 EST 2009

The codec selection on the gateway is defined by the codec-class or
codec command applied to the outbound/inbound voip dial-peer.  On the
CUCM server  the maximum bandwidth used for a voice call between two
devices is set by the region configuration.  Because the region is
simply a max value, if one party in a g.711 region only supports g.
729 then assuming the other party also supports g.729 the call will
be set up using that codec.

Is the H.245 TCS info you supplied below from the gateway or the CUCM?

-Ryan