[cisco-voip] About 7902

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 16:41:32 EST 2009

David,
  Hope you had a good new years as well. You'll have to forgive me,
but I don't remember what we worked on together in the past. Resetting
phones mean your network between the phone and the CM has issues. It
could be due to a firewall, your LAN or WAN, or could also happen if
you have DHCP problems. I have seen a very short lease time on the
order of 5 minutes cause phones to reboot with a certain frequency in
the past.

Do the phones reset with any particular frequency? does this happen at
multiple sites? When did it start occurring? - did it coincide with
any other events such as an upgrade? It's likely that ou will
eventually need a packet capture to troubleshoot this.

I am CCing a mailing list that contains other people that might also
be willing to assist. you may wish to pose questions directly to the
list. you'll get a better response time than you would by asking a
particular individual.

-Peter