[cisco-voip] PLAR using alerting name

Melvin Fong mfong at pacific.edu
Mon Jan 12 11:30:22 EST 2009

This seems to be happening wheter the line is on an ATA/VG224 or
assigned to a 7960 phone.

You get what is in the phones External Telephone Mask (10 digits/area
code/prefix/number) and if that field is left blank the 4 digit ext.
number is displayed. If you remove the PLAR and assign it an normal
partition and CSS it shows the alerting name. The 224 is an MGCP H323
gateway.