[cisco-voip] RTMT HardwareFailure Alert (solution)

Hennigh, Elexis helexis at okstate.edu
Mon Jan 12 17:27:39 EST 2009

>From Cisco TAC:
"The error that you are seeing is a known bug issue, where the level of the iLO firmware is not up to date. The iLO port is a separate port that will allow one to maintain remote access connection to the server, even during reboots and power offs (as it has its own power/battery pack for it much like the RIB card technology used in earlier HP servers). These alarm message are non-critical and will not affect CallManager stability and performance, so do not be alarmed at them.

You can check your iLO version by rebooting the server and when prompted during POST, press F8 to enter the iLO configuration utility. If you have already configured the iLO port for remote access, you may also connect into it remotely and in the menu options under "Help" it should report the iLO version to you."

Updating the iLO firmware will resolve the issue.