[cisco-voip] CUCM 5.0(4) Firmware Uploading Issue

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 04:25:26 EST 2009

>>> On 12/01/2009 at 16:50, in message <496B74E0.30702 at cisco.com>, Wes Sisk
<wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi Najeeb,
>
> Offhand I wonder why you are using firmware 8.3.3.  This is quite old
> and has many known defects.  Why not consider a later release such as 8.4.2?
>
> I tested the cmterm-7975-sccp.8-3-3.cop.sgn from Cisco.com on cm612 and
> cm513 and it worked fine.

>> facing an error while uploading the firmware for 7975 in cucm 5.0(4).
>> The firmware file is cmterm-7975-sccp.8-3-3.cop.sgn and the error

According to the release notes for 8.4.2 it won't be compatible with Najeebs CUCM, : "This firmware version is supported on Cisco Unified CallManager Release 5.1(1b) and higher"

The compatibility matrix at  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp95981 says rather ominously: "Note Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G does not support Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 5.0(x). " and then doesn't mention 5.0 in the following table of firmware V CUCM version.    However if you go to the actual download for versions for that phone, 8.3.3 _does_ mention being for 5.0(4) but is  the last one that says anything about it :-(

But I'm no expert at this,  I only looked at it because I'm going through the whole process myself at the moment, picking out the versions I have to upgrade our phones to prior to doing a 4->6 migration.

Cheers
Andy Swiffin
Dundee

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096