[cisco-voip] 7970 Screen Colors Corruption

Adam Blomfield adam.blomfield at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:49:53 EST 2009

I was at a customer's site this afternoon and they complained about the
exact same problem. They upgraded from 6.1(1) to 6.1(3) last week and got
the firmware upgrade that went along with that. They have approximately 150
7970 handsets and the vast majority of their users hate the new color scheme
and are demanding that they change it back as the black on white is much
harder to read in their opinion, especially when standing and not down at
eye level with the phone. The customer was so surprised by the color change
they thought it must have been a bug rather than an "enhancement" and called
TAC, who first of all said they knew nothing about what they were talking
about, then suggested that they just roll back the firmware. I personally
didn't mind the new colors - I figure it's probably for high visibility /
accessibility reasons, but apparently most people think it's a step
backwards.

-Adam