[cisco-voip] cannot dial out via FXS

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:15:37 EST 2009

Is it just your fax on the FXS that can't dial out? Can other phones dial
out?

If no phones can dial out then have a look at this:

Outgoing calls to the PSTN would require a dial-peer like the following:

dial-peer voice 9 pots
  #following required
  destination-pattern 9T (or whatever pattern you need to dial for external
calls)
  port (probably your PRI here)

  #following optional based on desired functionality
  incoming called-number .
  direct-inward-dial

If it's just the fax that can't dial out - then that's odd.