[cisco-voip] CM 5 -> 6 upgrade issues

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Jan 19 20:37:30 EST 2009

Ed,

nothing comes to mind, any chance you grabbed some traces during that
time?

/Wes

On Jan 19, 2009, at 7:35 PM, Ed Leatherman wrote:

Hi folks, had some issues after upgrading to CM 6 this weekend from
version 5, and ended up backing out of the upgrade and rebooting back
to version 5. Curious if anyone has seen the following issues after
upgrading to CM6:

- Lines on some phones disappearing from the phone and from callmanager
- ring settings on lines being changed
- phones registering but not getting calls
- 7914 expansion modules not coming up
- Some phones not registering at all

So far the only commonality I can figure out between the phones w/
disappearing lines, is that they were programmed back in CM3.X with
line2, line3, line4 etc line appearances of the same DN, instead of 1
line button with multiple max call appearance/busy trigger.

I did not have the opportunity to do much troubleshooting before
changing back.. our post-upgrade tests worked fine and I didnt know
there were issues until after we were back in production time. Since I
have a list of specific phones that had issues, i'm going to build a
CM5 pub in the lab and restore a recent backup, then upgrade to CM6
and see if the same problems come up with it so I can actually
troubleshoot.. provided I can get around licensing problems with that.

I was expecting this to be an easy upgrade, and the upgrade process
itself went off without a hitch, but ended up being the first one i've
had to totally back out of.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman