[cisco-voip] DiRT restore for Unity 5x (with Exchange) FailoverConfig.exe

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Thu Jan 22 14:09:24 EST 2009

I built two new servers to do a DiRT restore, however I went too far and
ran FailoverConfig.exe.  It appears I have to basically start over if I
want to use DiRT, or change plans and use just COBRAS. I assume COBRAS
can restore to a Failover setup.

Straight from the DiRT Help file:

""When restoring a backup intended to work as a failover system, be sure
to restore the DiRT backup to a stand alone server first, make sure it's
running properly then run the failover configuration wizard on that
server. You cannot restore a DiRT backup onto either a primary or
secondary failover pair, it will not work properly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/failover/guide/e
x/FG_030.html#wp1169317

Disclaimer:

from your computer. Thank you.