[cisco-voip] ata redials when other party goes on hook

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 17:09:29 EST 2009

I don't know for sure if the ATA does any sort of disconnect supervision.
You can run a search for ATA disconnect supervision and see if you find
anything. I couldn't really find anything good. There were some hits to this
alias a few years back.

Try the same thing with a regular analog phone plugged into the same ATA and
see what happens when the far end hangs up, and you don't hang up the analog
phone. You should just get reorder tone (I believe.. i haven't tested this
in a while)

It would be the responsibility of the analog phone to hang up when it hears
this reorder tone. In the case of the $10 handset the user has to hang up
manually. I'm not sure what your push button device does, or expects to get
from the ATA in the case of a far end disconnect.

If you wanted disconnect supervision I do know that other analog GWs can
provide polarity reversal and drop loop current. If possible find out which
of these your analog device expects.