[cisco-voip] SMARTNET 24x7x4HR service

Matthew Linsemier mlinsemier at apassurance.com
Mon Jan 26 15:18:12 EST 2009

Just remember that the 4 hour response is parts only, after Cisco determines
its hardware related, and doesn¹t include any of your hardware replacement
and configuration time.  Also be advised that there also does seem to be a
bit of lag when third party vendors are involved (e.g. HP).  For instance,
if you have hardware issue with a MCS server, not only does Cisco need to
diagnose the problem at the first level, but then they pass it off to HP,
who then calls you to get more information, has to get the parts, show up
and install.

We have had good luck with it for sure.

Now to add to the question, has anyone used the 24x7x4hr ONSITE?  We have it
at our remotes (where we don¹t have support staff) and I have never had to
(knocks on wood) work with a Cisco partner to get a failed or repaired unit
back up and running...

On 1/26/09 1:57 PM, "Lelio Fulgenzi" <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone has any comments on Cisco's 24x7x4hr response time.
> Do you usually get the replacement stuff within four hours? We are looking at
> a short term solution (PIMG) and would rather not have to buy an additional
> unit for redundancy. If we could tell clients "VM will be back up in 4 hours"
> that should suffice.
>

> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
> (519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
> "Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.