[cisco-voip] CCIE Voice or CCIE R&S

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Wed Jan 28 14:16:50 EST 2009

For the last 5 years I have been a VoIP architect for a service provider.  I
barely get to touch core routing and switching anymore.  I came to the
conclusion that my original goal of getting the CCIE Service Provider
probably isn't a good idea.  It doesn't feel right and it would be such a
waste to NOT pursue the CCIE Voice since VoIP is my background.  You should
probably follow the same principal.  Whatever you work with most frequently,
focus on that.  It doesn't matter if there are several more CCIE's with R/S
out there, what matters is you are the best at what you do.  Once you
achieve this you can move on to anything you want without second guessing
yourself.