[cisco-voip] Unity Server Virtual Memory issue

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Mon Jul 6 10:45:58 EDT 2009

No, this is expected and is part of how SQL memory usage works.
Basically, it'll take up as much memory as it reasonably can in order
to optimize performance. If memory is needed by other processes, it
will deallocate some. Here's a techtip on this condition for CUCM, but
it'd equally apply to Unity:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/With_Cisco_CallManager_4.x,_the_SQL_Server_shows_high_memory_usage

Also, just a reminder, Unity 4.x goes end of software maintenance this month.