[cisco-voip] Cisco Unified Presence (7.0.1) With Unity Connection (7.0.2) MailStore Problem

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:51:11 EDT 2009

Just a correction on the mail store bit.
CUPS uses the mail store config to tell the CUPC client where to get
VoiceMail messages from. The configured mail store must be running IMAP and
the CUPC client will connect to that IMAP server to download VMs.

Using Unity the mail store is wherever Exchange is located and IMAP needs to
be turned on.

Using Unity Connection the mail store IS the Unity Connection server and you
need to turn on IMAP on Unity Connection.

The mail store might be used for other things as well, but as far as I know
it is used for pointing to the right IMAP server.

For Exchange Calendar Integration you configure a Presence Gateway.